Yodis Family Photo Gallery Page
We stayed at Marbrisa in Carlsbad, CA. Carolyn and I waiting at the pool for the Rothermels to arrive and for our 3 bedroom condo to be ready. The Rothermels have arrived. Carolyn here with our god-children(Sara, Julianna, and James) Still waiting for our room to be ready. We're in. Living room and dining room. Including full kitchen View of the older small pool. Some views from the balcony   We spent the first full day at the new pool area. The kids are fish and spent most of the time in the water.  Can't say the same for Doug and Adrienne  The next day we went to the Stephen Birch Aquarium and Museum down by La Jolla      They also had some outdoor tide pools  View of La Jolla beach from the aquarium Great White got Sara This is the kids first time ever at a beach. Came back and hung out at the smaller pool... ...and the activity room The next day we went to the nearby Oceanside Beach up by the pier. This is the first time the kids have actually been in an ocean.    After we got some lunch (not chips) we went down to the Carlsbad State Beach (south). Waves were a little too much here for the kids.    The next day we went to the San Diego Safari Park in Escondido. Taking the tram ride through the African plains.      Some of our ancestors Toddler gorilla Little older gorilla Teen age gorilla Full size gorilla Adrienne and Julianna share a moment. Flamingos and kids somewhere in the park. The King of the Jungle relaxing just before he got somewhat frisky with the lady lions. Mother and son elephant. Trying to find our way around the safari. Bat Girl (Sara) and Bat Boy (James) We got to watch this cheetah run at close to full speed. Sara had to brush all the animals to pa for our visit to the park. The next day we were off to Sea World in San Diego. First ride of the day.  ...and they're soaked already Cirque de la Mer at Sea Workd Hoping to get splashed at the killer whale show.  Raft ride looks innocent enough But we still got soaked again  My favorite theme park lunch Best buds We got pretty good at this map reading stuff. The dolphin show Getting to touch the sting rays Under a big 'ol shark Another ride - they ended the day going back and riding this several times. The Sealions Tonight Comedy Animal Show Another ride    The night ended with fireworks at the park. Cool painting on the side of a building in Carlsbad near the beach. Time for the next adventure - saying goodbye for a couple of days Stopped in Hollywood for lunch on the way to Oxnard. Had to get our pin and t-shirt Then lunch at Cabo Wabo  Carolyn and I stayed at the Embassy Suite Mandalay Resort in Oxnard while the Rothermels visited family and Dodger Stadium. We ended up with a beach access room. Enjoying margaritas from the managers reception on our rooms patio.  Saw this on a bench next to the walkway at the beach.   The next day we visited a couple of local wineries. This one (Magliano's) in an industrial park in Oxnard had a very nice Tuscan decorated tasting room once you got inside. Also very good wine (who woul have known) Then we went to downtown Oxnard for lunch. My soup and meatball sandwich were delicious. Next door was another winery, Rancho Ventavo that we also tasted at. Back at the resort we had our own little dinner on the patio along with more margaritas from the managers reception.  We started the next day off with a very hearty breakfast nearby at Mrs. Oldon's Coffee Hut Then went to the other Oxnard winery, Herzog Wine Cellars. A kosher winery and restaurant also. Drove up to Ventura harbor  That night we enjoyed dinner at Moqueca restaurant in the Channel Islands harbor. ...and it was delicious. The next day we met up with the Rothermel's again and headed north to Cayucus. But first we stopped in SLO at Dougs college.  Made it to Cayucus where we had a house up on the hill overlooking the town and Morro Bay. This is a view from our balcony.   The first night we went into town and had some dinner at Schooners.   The next morning we were awaken by some wild peacocks hanging out on a neighbor's roof and patio. We went to the beach over by the rocks to do some tide pool action     Jame's homemade aquarium. Then over to the Cayucus beach.  Then for a quick lunch at Duckie's in town. The gang - unfortuniately Julianna was sick and stayed back at the house. After lunch we took a walk out on the very windy pier.  074 d Then back to the house for a little relaxation. That evening we went to Morro Bay to look around and get some dinner.  We ate at Di'Stacio's By The Bar Nice view from our table and James definetely loved his food. The next day we drove down to Montana De Oro   A view of Morro Bay from Montana De Oro Then over to Avila Beach for lunch and a last day for swimming at the beach James struggled to keeep his castle from being destroyed - a losing battle.  We then headed to SLO for the Farmer's market but stopped at Madana Inn to use the rest room.  Before the Farmer's Market we had some drinks and snacks at McClintocks in downtown San Luis Obispo (SLO). They were really very delicious despite Bruce's face Outside at the market  Stopped by Gumball Alley... ...and made a deposit Coming back to Cayucus at sunset. James scored big - $5 for winning a bet with Carolyn. The last morning took a walk on the beach to gather shells and sand dollars. Saying our good-byes   We decided to spend the night in Monterey and stopped at a couple of wineries in the Santa Lucia Highlands on the way.  We had dinner on the wharf in Monterey and Carolyn got her crab leg fix. She's very happy. This guy wasn't - he had to settle for watching her eat it from outside jquery photo viewerby VisualLightBox.com v5.7